Serenity Station

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firefly Fleet Announcements:

Welcome to Serenity Station!!

We now have a Tier three Starbase!!

Welcome to the Firefly Fleet!   Fleet and web updates will be found here!

Be sure to drop by our Allied forums and say hi!  Very Happy

Congratulations to new promotees!

Navigation

Index
Index
Calender
Photo Gallery
FAQ
Search The Forum
Firefly Fleet Protocols
Fleet Roster
Forum Memberlist
Usergroups
User Control Panel
Private Message Inbox

Team Speak

teamspeak server Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Latest topics

» New Active User
Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 am by sirvanyev

» Map of station?
Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 am by Reanna Aloi

» Price of Liberty crew
Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 11:11 am by HareBrained

» Curiousity Topics
Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone EmptyThu May 30, 2019 7:16 pm by Reanna Aloi

» As ithers see us?
Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone EmptySun May 26, 2019 10:08 pm by Reanna Aloi

» Species profile - the Thuln
Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 7:48 pm by Reanna Aloi

» Is it time we had our own system of "stardates"?
Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 4:37 pm by Seeker

» For VR buffs
Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 10:26 am by Reanna Aloi

» Noelle's Request to join the Fleet
Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 5:44 pm by Lastline

3 posters

Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone

Ikari_Zaku
    Ikari_Zaku
    So very pretty

Fleet Rank : Captain
    Number of posts : 373
    Ship Name : Millennium Spork
    Ship Class : Intrepid Class Science
    Fleet Division : Command

Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone Empty Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone

Post by Ikari_Zaku Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Okay, I've been trying to beat this mission (as I'm sure most of us have) off and on since I was assigned the mission with no luck on completing it, I'm hoping that collectively we might find a viable course of action since people in the STO thread just want to call each other names.

The main controversy seems to be in what a "Repair Hulk" is and if a "Repair Hub" is the same thing or if they are two completely different objects and objectives. Seems people are convinced that killing the wrong thing fails the mission for every body.

Currently the popular theory for completing this mission is that this mission is actually a race against the Klingon players (that may or may not appear) on the map.

Another theory is that to get credit for the mission you have to score in the top X percentile during the match. I'm hoping this is not accurate because that will make this a very un-fun repeat after repeat just to clear one mission that you may actually have to repeat as many as 15 time (coming for one source on the STO forum, read into that what you will.

If any body has the answer or other theories, please share so this pain in the ass of a mission can be something that can be achieved and finally cleared off all of our mission logs.
    Ikari_Zaku
    Ikari_Zaku
    So very pretty

Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone Empty Re: Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone

Post by Ikari_Zaku Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:22 pm

An update: I was able to get credit for this mission today... However I don't really know how I did it. Possibly there was a problem with the mission and Cryptic has since changed the way the mission works, but as far as I can tell it is now beatable. Downside though is that when you contact Commander Mazak, he tells you to do the same damn thing seven more times.
    Ikari_Zaku
    Ikari_Zaku
    So very pretty

Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone Empty Re: Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone

Post by Ikari_Zaku Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:42 pm

I finally got around to completing the "Borg Hunt" mission the required 7 times, closed out this particular segment which is called "War Zone of Klingon Looters" for some reason. As a Captain lvl 6, I was rewarded with 154 Skill Points, 90 Bridge Officer Skill Points and 104 Starfleet Merits.

Of course I'm still working my way through the other 10 times I have to do Borg Hunt for the "War Zone of Klingon Thieves."
    CAPTWinters
    CAPTWinters
    Fleet Subject Matter Expert

Fleet Rank : Rear Admiral
    Serenity Diplomatic Corps : Ambassador
    Number of posts : 304
    Ship Name : USS Bull Halsey or the USS Mjolnir
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-761944
    Ship Class : Atrox Class or MVAM

Main RP Character Profile
    Name: Richard Winters IX

Post by CAPTWinters Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Still Waiting to see come actual Klingons in any version of this mission, Quite odd I think
    Ikari_Zaku
    Ikari_Zaku
    So very pretty

Post by Ikari_Zaku Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:08 pm

It's a PVP race, but in all my efforts in the "Borg Hunt" there have less than a handful of Klingon players at any given time and they are quickly gang raped by Fed players. Seems they might actually be scared to do this mission. They need to enter en mass to do any real damage here in my opinion.
    frank666
    frank666
    Object in Space

Fleet Rank : Lieutenant
    Security/Marine Rank : FMC Private 1st
    Number of posts : 104
    Ship Name : USS Kitty Pryde
    USS Lauren Gand
    USS Artemes
    USS Kara Zor-El

Current level in STO:
    Rear Admiral 5
    Ship Class : Prometeus
    Sovereign

Fleet Division : Marines/Security

Main RP Character Profile
    Name: Kenneth Thomas Johnson

Post by frank666 Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:59 pm

I tried this mission about twice but gave up. Now I don't even accept the mission and being RA lvl 5 I dont think one really needs it. But one day I hope to. Mission: Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone Icon_cheers
    but I have the same problem with "defeat the Reman/Klingon in Deep Space encounter". I cant seem to find the invasion so I always drop the mission.
    Ikari_Zaku
    Ikari_Zaku
    So very pretty

Post by Ikari_Zaku Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:36 am

The mission "Salvaged Relations in the Neutral Zone" begot "War Zone of Klingon Looters" (win Borg Hunt 7 times), which begot the mission "War Zone of Klingon Thieves" (win Borg Hunt 10 times, at RA3 I was rewarded with 207 Skill Points, 178 Bridge Officer Skill Points and 222 Starfleet Merits), which begot the mission "War Zone of Klingon Pillagers" (win Borg Hunt 15 times; at RA3 I was rewarded with 465 Skill Points, 501 Bridge Officer Skill Points and 609 Starfleet Merits), which when finally finished... begot the exact same damn mission, "War Zone of Klingon Pillagers requesting that I win Borg Hunt an additional 15 times.

At this point I don't hate Borg Hunt. No, hate is not strong enough for the heated rage of emotion that I have for this particular instance. I did get a good bit of SP when I finished WZoKP the first time, but the amount of frustration that went along with it, I would have been happier in the starter zone doing enemy signal contacts. Don't missunderstand, you can get credit some what easily for Borg Hunt, but there are still some painful bugs in here - most notably the Borg that get stuck in the Incription Nodes that can shoot and kill you, but you ca NOT shoot or even hope to kill them. Make of this what you will, it is information for your assimilation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 am