Serenity Station

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firefly Fleet Announcements:

Welcome to Serenity Station!!

We now have a Tier three Starbase!!

Welcome to the Firefly Fleet!   Fleet and web updates will be found here!

Be sure to drop by our Allied forums and say hi!  Very Happy

Congratulations to new promotees!

Navigation

Index
Index
Calender
Photo Gallery
FAQ
Search The Forum
Firefly Fleet Protocols
Fleet Roster
Forum Memberlist
Usergroups
User Control Panel
Private Message Inbox

Team Speak

teamspeak server Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Latest topics

» New Active User
Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 am by sirvanyev

» Map of station?
Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 am by Reanna Aloi

» Price of Liberty crew
Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 11:11 am by HareBrained

» Curiousity Topics
Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  EmptyThu May 30, 2019 7:16 pm by Reanna Aloi

» As ithers see us?
Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  EmptySun May 26, 2019 10:08 pm by Reanna Aloi

» Species profile - the Thuln
Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 7:48 pm by Reanna Aloi

» Is it time we had our own system of "stardates"?
Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 4:37 pm by Seeker

» For VR buffs
Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 10:26 am by Reanna Aloi

» Noelle's Request to join the Fleet
Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 5:44 pm by Lastline

2 posters

Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)

Lastline
    Lastline
    Commander Air Group

Fleet Rank : Fleet Admiral
    Serenity Starfighter Corps : FSC Fleet Chief Flight Marshal
    Number of posts : 3358
    Ship Name : Sun Burst
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-989543
    Ship Class : Valkyrie
    Fleet Division : Starfighter Corps (The Fireflys)

Main RP Character Profile
    Name: Nathan "Lastline" Merano

Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  Empty Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)

Post by Lastline Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:58 pm

Okay so I jumped head first into the latest Mass Effect I will try and make this as spoiler free as possible. This ME takes place 634 years after the events of Mass Effect: 2. You can choose to play as one of the Ryder twins (either a male or female toon.) Your dad is also along for the ride and depending on how you customize the twins this will also effect how Dad looks. Now right off the bat I was a little disappointed the character models look terrible. There are animation glitches right off the jump. For instance whenever my toon blinks in a cut scene nine times outta ten you can see through his eyelids. There are other animation glitches but I will leave you to discover those for yourself.

The environments look spectacular. The plants look alive the water looks amazing. I was just fooling around and shot at a pool of water and it actually made an impact ring. Wow!

The combat really has not changed all that much. You toon will immediately take cover behind every thing and anything while your weapon is drawn. But despite promises that combat has radically changed its still about finding cover and shooting from behind cover.

Navigation is INCREDIBLY frustrating! There is a lot to do in ME:A, I have been playing on and off for the last four days and have barely scratched the surface. That being said there is a lot of traveling that needs to be done and often just trying to get there can be the biggest challenge! For instance, tonight I was heading for a major plot point on a planet of mountain terrain. After spending half an hour climbing to the top of a mountain, I still couldn't find where it was, I was supposed to go. I fought my way back down the mountain to find an extremely secluded cave entrance. After driving well inside the cave and than walking a considerable way, BOOM there was my objective.

Your companions are amazing! It won't take you long to put your whole team together but when you do they have lots to say! I've already played poker with one companion, been hit on by two, shot down by two and had tons of conversations. When I put two of my companions that knew each other, every time there was down time they would launch into a conversation going from proper weapons maintenance to child rearing!

The multiplayer is very similar to the multiplayer from ME:3. I so far only ran a few multiplayer missions as ME:A keeps telling me I am not online (when I really am). So far I haven't really seen any benefit to playing these multiplayer missions that help the main game.

Some things to remember before jumping in. You are not a solider, you are a Pathfinder a kind of futuristic scout. It is your job to investigate worlds that will be habitable for your people to live on. There is combat, but the main focus of the game is exploration. As the game is set so far in the future nobody from the last three games is still around. And nobody has a clue as to what happened during ME:3. During one of the news broadcast I did hear them say they were trying to make contact with Earth, but were not having any luck. I don't know if this was a prelude to things to come or just another reminder that you are on your own. You are on your own! This was a one way trip you cannot go back and help is not coming!

So far its been a pretty fun ride. Its a different experience from ME:3 with some similarities sprinkled in. There are...well without giving anything away lots of new things to discover.
    Pyriel32
    Pyriel32
    Fallen Browncoat

Special Operations Rank : SPO Fleet Admiral
    Intel Department Rank : INT Fleet Admiral
    Number of posts : 4719
    Ship Name : U.S.S. ACHERON
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-97397-D
    Ship Class : Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser (Special Operations Refit)
    Fleet Division : Intel/Special Ops

Name: Pyriel Danto

Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)  Empty Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda (a review)

Post by Pyriel32 Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:26 am

I don't have a ps4 or an xb1 so I watched the movie they posted on you tube. Oh and Lastline you have did a good job on the review.
    Lastline
    Lastline
    Commander Air Group

Post by Lastline Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:23 pm

Thanks Pyriel! And my own section too! cheers ME:A is also available for Windows 10 if you are interested!
    Lastline
    Lastline
    Commander Air Group

Post by Lastline Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Gah! The navigation..got me again! (this is spoiler free) Okay so when you go to start a colony on Elaaden the nav point is NOT in New Tuchanka, as the map would have you believe. I spent (and i'm not making this up) hours running through New T looking for the damn colony beacon! If you are facing the main entrance of New T, look to your left there is a large hole. Drive around the hole on the left side and you will find a clearing close to the edge of the hole and behind a sand dune is the <BLEEP> beacon!!!

Lastline
    Lastline
    Commander Air Group

Post by Lastline Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:43 am

Lastline
    Lastline
    Commander Air Group

Post by Lastline Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:00 pm

So it is basically over for ME:A, there will be no more single player support and all those unanswered questions will remain unanswered...and oh yeah they are making a comic to close all those loose ends. yay. And the reason for this? The community! That is right EA blames...us!! We were over critical of a game that released BROKEN!! How dare we! See the vid below from the Know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 am