Serenity Station

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firefly Fleet Announcements:

Welcome to Serenity Station!!

We now have a Tier three Starbase!!

Welcome to the Firefly Fleet!   Fleet and web updates will be found here!

Be sure to drop by our Allied forums and say hi!  Very Happy

Congratulations to new promotees!

Navigation

Index
Index
Calender
Photo Gallery
FAQ
Search The Forum
Firefly Fleet Protocols
Fleet Roster
Forum Memberlist
Usergroups
User Control Panel
Private Message Inbox

Team Speak

teamspeak server Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Latest topics

» New Active User
An interesting RP EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 am by sirvanyev

» Map of station?
An interesting RP EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 am by Reanna Aloi

» Price of Liberty crew
An interesting RP EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 11:11 am by HareBrained

» Curiousity Topics
An interesting RP EmptyThu May 30, 2019 7:16 pm by Reanna Aloi

» As ithers see us?
An interesting RP EmptySun May 26, 2019 10:08 pm by Reanna Aloi

» Species profile - the Thuln
An interesting RP EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 7:48 pm by Reanna Aloi

» Is it time we had our own system of "stardates"?
An interesting RP EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 4:37 pm by Seeker

» For VR buffs
An interesting RP EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 10:26 am by Reanna Aloi

» Noelle's Request to join the Fleet
An interesting RP EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 5:44 pm by Lastline

5 posters

An interesting RP

Garfunkel64
    Garfunkel64
    Firefly

Fleet Rank : Captain
    Serenity Diplomatic Corps : An interesting RP Empty
    Security/Marine Rank : FMC Major
    Number of posts : 1748
    Ship Name : USS Dark Knight
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-117076
    Ship Class : Sovereign
    Fleet Division : Marines/Security

Main RP Character Profile
    Name: Art Garfunkel

An interesting RP Empty An interesting RP

Post by Garfunkel64 Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:25 am

Okay, well I'm looking for some input on an RP plot I've come up with, but I'm not sure if anyone will even like the idea. The idea is this:

The Long Range sensors on Serenity Station detect the approach of an unknown vessel, and its design is as of yet unknown. When hailed, the ship does not respond. Eventually the craft comes into viewing range. The unidentified vessel is the saucer section of a Federation Galaxy class vessel named the USS _______ and was decommissioned many months ago, but upon its trip to the scrap yard it was hijacked by raiders and stolen. Upon being pulled into the station, it is found to be totally derelict, and was set on an intercept course with the station for an unknown reason. When scans of the computer are run, it is found that the original location of the section came from deep within the neutral zone. The ship is assumed to be some kind of message, but is, as of yet, indecipherable.

A.) A virus was sent on the ship and was undetectable by sensors, but has started making its way through the station through contact between people. Virus type-unknown/haven’t decided. (Could lead to confinement of personnel and then a search to find the where the ship came from to begin with.

B.) Admiral Baumer sends ships docked on station to check the source of the ship, and they find out _______. (I haven’t come up with anything yet.)

Anyways, any ideas or suggestions would be awesome, as I am hoping for a large-scale collaboration.

An interesting RP Empty Re: An interesting RP

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:36 pm

which neutral zone? the Romulan neutral zone is on the other side of federation space.
    Garfunkel64
    Garfunkel64
    Firefly

Post by Garfunkel64 Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Klingon, but the idea that Kilingon's would send such a message as a "Warning" is kind of unlikely. I was thinking Yamada, or if we have any other people that have survived other RPs that would do this kind of thing, we can put them in there, I think Reanna had somebody she could put in the story, a raider of sorts I think.
    Lastline
    Lastline
    Commander Air Group

Fleet Rank : Fleet Admiral
    Serenity Starfighter Corps : FSC Fleet Chief Flight Marshal
    Number of posts : 3358
    Ship Name : Sun Burst
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-989543
    Ship Class : Valkyrie
    Fleet Division : Starfighter Corps (The Fireflys)

Name: Nathan "Lastline" Merano

Post by Lastline Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Garfunkel64 wrote:Okay, well I'm looking for some input on an RP plot I've come up with, but I'm not sure if anyone will even like the idea. The idea is this:

The Long Range sensors on Serenity Station detect the approach of an unknown vessel, and its design is as of yet unknown. When hailed, the ship does not respond. Eventually the craft comes into viewing range. The unidentified vessel is the saucer section of a Federation Galaxy class vessel named the USS _______ and was decommissioned many months ago, but upon its trip to the scrap yard it was hijacked by raiders and stolen. Upon being pulled into the station, it is found to be totally derelict, and was set on an intercept course with the station for an unknown reason. When scans of the computer are run, it is found that the original location of the section came from deep within the neutral zone. The ship is assumed to be some kind of message, but is, as of yet, indecipherable.

A.) A virus was sent on the ship and was undetectable by sensors, but has started making its way through the station through contact between people. Virus type-unknown/haven’t decided. (Could lead to confinement of personnel and then a search to find the where the ship came from to begin with.

B.) Admiral Baumer sends ships docked on station to check the source of the ship, and they find out _______. (I haven’t come up with anything yet.)

Anyways, any ideas or suggestions would be awesome, as I am hoping for a large-scale collaboration.

Ok we got a real good start here! I think the Galaxy saucer section should be heavily battle damaged. Which would explain why we only have the saucer section. The name and registry number should be almost unreadable say all we can see is the "NCC-" and than like the letter "A" and "R" for the name.

A) The virus is a rage type virus. It directly effects peoples logic and reasoning and just causes them to have this uncontrolled rage. Fights erupt, stuff is destroyed yada yada. And the virus has infected the entire station. However those that were not directly exposed do not have immediate symtoms. It takes more time for the virus to take them over. Giving us time to work on a cure and discover the source before its to late.

B) A scouting party is sent forth to discover the source of the craft. They find that a group of many races have taken pieces and parts of many diffrent species ships and formed a super ship. The ship has weapons and defenses like never seen. Our own weapons do little to even slow it down. However a flaw in the design shows that we can beam aboard a small team and somehow find a way to stop it from the inside. The ship was built for the sole purpose of destruction. And perhaps we witness this super ship destroy a small moon. Before plotting a course for Earth.
    Garfunkel64
    Garfunkel64
    Firefly

Post by Garfunkel64 Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Sounds good lastline, I like both, but perhaps we can combine them, maybe putting a virus amongst the crew, and having them discover this Super Battleship almost completed. The only problem with the second plot, is that the enemy would have no motivation or reason to send out a derelict saucer... Otherwise it sounds good, but what I'm proposing is a kind of Star Wars thing, kind of like the Death Star, but what I'm wondering is why the alien race would send a virus to little old Serenity, unless it posed an immediate threat for some reason.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:50 pm

*Sigh*... vent is always so lonely...

anyway, the idea you made lastline is pretty good. something, though, that i think would make it more "realistic" is that you need to make there be a reason why the supership is attacking earth. i know it's something that has to be addressed, and there are people that just want to attack earth because it's earth. but i think that if there was a reason other than it being earththat they're attacking it (maybe there's a grudge someone has on someone that's living in Newcastle for example, and to take them out they have to take out earth) or maybe change the target all together to something less... rule the galaxy like?
    Garfunkel64
    Garfunkel64
    Firefly

Post by Garfunkel64 Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Earth's Moon! Muahaha! Just Kidding.

Good point, yeah that is something we need to address eventually, but for now, we need to decide on the main plot, or a combination of the two... Or we can wait till some more people get some ideas thrown in the ring. I think we could have some very good characters/solutions given to us by some other people once they see this thread.

Indiana, have you read the Asteroid Base RP yet?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:04 pm

i don't believe i have... there's a lot out there to read still....
    Garfunkel64
    Garfunkel64
    Firefly

Post by Garfunkel64 Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Asteroid Base is the RP that the character Yamada comes from, it's also one, if not the, biggest battle Serenity Station has fought. Read a little and you'll see what Yamada's like. He can be a very moldable and maniacal character. It's interesting, but long too...
    Hogg J (JarHok)
    Hogg J (JarHok)
    Federation Klingon Ambassador

Fleet Rank : Admiral
    Security/Marine Rank : FMC General
    Number of posts : 2743
    Ship Name : Tarren
    Ship Registry Number : IKS
    Ship Class : K'vort

Name:

Post by Hogg J (JarHok) Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:18 am

Some intresting ideas there I like the idea of the saucer section of the galixy class ship comeing to the sattion form an unknown source and a virus it transmited to the station and it attacks the crew of the staion turning them aganst one another
    Garfunkel64
    Garfunkel64
    Firefly

Post by Garfunkel64 Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Yeah, I'm liking it too, maybe combine it with the Death Star Idead Lastline had...
    Lastline
    Lastline
    Commander Air Group

Serenity Starfighter Corps : FSC Fleet Chief Flight Marshal
    Number of posts : 3358
    Ship Name : Sun Burst
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-989543
    Ship Class : Valkyrie

Name: Nathan "Lastline" Merano

Post by Lastline Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Garfunkel64 wrote:Sounds good lastline, I like both, but perhaps we can combine them, maybe putting a virus amongst the crew, and having them discover this Super Battleship almost completed. The only problem with the second plot, is that the enemy would have no motivation or reason to send out a derelict saucer... Otherwise it sounds good, but what I'm proposing is a kind of Star Wars thing, kind of like the Death Star, but what I'm wondering is why the alien race would send a virus to little old Serenity, unless it posed an immediate threat for some reason.

Well that's part of the mystery, why did they send it? Was it an extra piece that simply floated away. Was it junk floating around after the construction was complete? Was it some old programing in the ship itself? Or was Serenity Station Simply in the way and needed to be eliminated. Part of the fun is having a little mystery. Not having the who what where when and why laid out at your feet before the RP even begins.

anyway, the idea you made lastline is pretty good. something,
    though, that i think would make it more "realistic" is that you need to
    make there be a reason why the supership is attacking earth. i know
    it's something that has to be addressed, and there are people that just
    want to attack earth because it's earth. but i think that if there was
    a reason other than it being earththat they're attacking it (maybe
    there's a grudge someone has on someone that's living in Newcastle for
    example, and to take them out they have to take out earth) or maybe
    change the target all together to something less... rule the galaxy
    like?

Another one of those we have to find out why they are doing this thing they are doing. We have discovered the ship. We have witnessed its power. And we know where it is headed. Thats all. The rest of the RP would be spent figuring out: Who they are, why they are attacking. And what thier ultimate intentions are. Mabye they are angry that the guy at the 7-11 overcharged them for slurpees. Mabye Starfleet accidently introduced a new virus into thier eco-system killing millions. Or perhaps they just percive the federation as a threat that needs to be eliminated. We will have to find out!
    Garfunkel64
    Garfunkel64
    Firefly

Post by Garfunkel64 Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Alright Lastline, you've got some good ideas. Let's wait and see if there are anymore new ideas before we throw this out on the RP floor. Ummm, should be getting something from Reanna about a certain pirate...
    Reanna Aloi
    Reanna Aloi
    Dean of the Academy

Special Operations Rank : SPO Rear Admiral
    Number of posts : 3666
    Location : Somewhere in a home, in a city, in a country, somewhere on the planet...
    Ship Name : The Immortal
    Ship Registry Number : Special Registry: NCC 082270
    Ship Class : Defiant (modified refit)
    Fleet Division : Intel/Special Ops

Name:

Post by Reanna Aloi Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:33 am

Hmm! Well, I don"t see how Barret could fit. He"s your classic rapscalion bad guy with a penchant for doing the right thing when it matters. Surrre, he"s a pirate, a bandit, a rogue but business is business and life is life....hehe

Hmm! There is the unknown race which annhiliated the colony Haymed is from. I"ve not decided on who they are yet, but they totally wasted that colony, leaving Haymed, a boy of 6 or 7 then, the only one alive. The race is not from around here so to speak, maybe extra dimensional but they are aggressive, warlike and just generally destroy things. Could use them as a race which makes occasional forays into this realm and on one of them, captured that fed ship and kept it for who knows what reason. Maybe, they sent it through towards Serenity because they"ve decided Serenity and her people are worthy combantants and the alien race has decided to test their mettle against us.

The ship, is a warning of their coming....

Just a thought but it does get away from the norm.....hehe
    Garfunkel64
    Garfunkel64
    Firefly

Post by Garfunkel64 Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:55 am

Yeah that's what I was thinking to begin with, perhaps not just a warning, but a Trojan Horse of sorts. I'm not sure. We've got Yamada, an unknown alien race, and all kinds of people that would love to hurt the people on Serenity. Soooo, we've got to narrow it down a wee bit.
    Reanna Aloi
    Reanna Aloi
    Dean of the Academy

Special Operations Rank : SPO Rear Admiral
    Number of posts : 3666
    Location : Somewhere in a home, in a city, in a country, somewhere on the planet...
    Ship Name : The Immortal
    Ship Registry Number : Special Registry: NCC 082270
    Ship Class : Defiant (modified refit)
    Fleet Division : Intel/Special Ops

Name:

Post by Reanna Aloi Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:14 pm

Well, its not so much that the dimensional aliens are evil as they are warlike. But interestingly enough, they do operate with a code of honor so to speak. They've managed to watch situations within, or at least hear, this dimension and as said earlier, they see those at Serenity as being worthy opponents.
    Alethearia
    Alethearia
    Jaynestown resident

Serenity Starfighter Corps : FSC Flight Commander
    Number of posts : 2149
    Location : STILL in a giant metal robot bent on DESTROYING the world! sigh
    Ship Name : USS Valiance
    USS Windsong
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-74109
    Ship Class : Intrepid
    Stormcrow

Name: Angelina Eli

Post by Alethearia Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:07 am

OOOh! liken thems ideas! I could see scenario number A reaping havok amongst some of our...more interesting members of the station. and scenario number B (which ever variation) would be hazordous if number A was goin on, because we'd be more or less helpless to stop it. It'd be a scramble for time. People would be all up in a panic.

How'd the saying go? "You may live 30 years with a man, share his food, his house, his land. But you never know the man till you hold him up to the mouth of the volcano." something like that. It'd be a trying time for our crew.
    Garfunkel64
    Garfunkel64
    Firefly

Post by Garfunkel64 Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:32 am

It would definitely be interesting. I'll have to get back on this project when I'm not so bogged down with da work at school... Meh, work....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:41 pm