Serenity Station

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firefly Fleet Announcements:

Welcome to Serenity Station!!

We now have a Tier three Starbase!!

Welcome to the Firefly Fleet!   Fleet and web updates will be found here!

Be sure to drop by our Allied forums and say hi!  Very Happy

Congratulations to new promotees!

Navigation

Index
Index
Calender
Photo Gallery
FAQ
Search The Forum
Firefly Fleet Protocols
Fleet Roster
Forum Memberlist
Usergroups
User Control Panel
Private Message Inbox

Team Speak

teamspeak server Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Latest topics

» New Active User
How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 am by sirvanyev

» Map of station?
How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 am by Reanna Aloi

» Price of Liberty crew
How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2019 11:11 am by HareBrained

» Curiousity Topics
How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2019 7:16 pm by Reanna Aloi

» As ithers see us?
How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 EmptySun May 26, 2019 10:08 pm by Reanna Aloi

» Species profile - the Thuln
How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 7:48 pm by Reanna Aloi

» Is it time we had our own system of "stardates"?
How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2019 4:37 pm by Seeker

» For VR buffs
How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 10:26 am by Reanna Aloi

» Noelle's Request to join the Fleet
How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 5:44 pm by Lastline

+16
DukeNukemTX
RaiderRich2001
Seeker
segreto
Garfunkel64
Alethearia
Timelord
Jar'Hamel Shran
Reanna Aloi
Billy_Guile
qoona
Qugie
Baumer
Lastline
Hogg J (JarHok)
Vardus
20 posters

How did you come to be a Brown Coat

Seeker
    Seeker
    Director of Search and Rescue operations

Fleet Rank : Admiral
    Science Department Rank : SCI Admiral
    Medical Division Rank : How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 Empty
    Security/Marine Rank : FMC Sergeant
    Number of posts : 2854
    Location : Second star to the right and striate on till morning
    Ship Name : S.F.F. Seeker
    U.S.S. Seaquest
    I.A.T. Misbehave
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-65640
    Ship Class : Nebula class with a new prototype superstructure.
    Fleet Division : Science/Medical

Main RP Character Profile
    Name: Dekkar Martle

How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you come to be a Brown Coat

Post by Seeker Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:07 am

I saw firefly the tv show on scifi one day can't remember details but i loved the opening song and loved the character interaction and though their where rebles and pitates they had this bond and code of honor and loved the way Mel looked out for his crew. i loved sea quest that ws a great show i need to get the dvd of that some day but the best scifi show every was B5, even after great shows fire fly, startrek, Sea quest, SG1 and other good scifi shows to me none of them are better then B5.
    Lastline
    Lastline
    Commander Air Group

Fleet Rank : Fleet Admiral
    Serenity Starfighter Corps : FSC Fleet Chief Flight Marshal
    Number of posts : 3358
    Ship Name : Sun Burst
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-989543
    Ship Class : Valkyrie
    Fleet Division : Starfighter Corps (The Fireflys)

Name: Nathan "Lastline" Merano

How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 Empty Re: How did you come to be a Brown Coat

Post by Lastline Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:42 am

Garfunkel64 wrote:Oh, I didn't know this thread existed! The first time I saw Firefly, my dad was watching it on TV, and I thought it was another one of those stupid Science Fiction shows he always watched, but later on (in a few years) I saw an episode and absolutely loved it! Couldn't get enough, and to add to it, my brother bought the complete series *one season*, and watched every episode in rapid succession.

Another one of my favorites is SG-1 too Guile, it was really cool back on Showtime, and then they moved it to the Sci-fi channel, and then they made Atlantis, which I thought was a poor rip-off of the original, and now I come to find they are making a soap-freakin'-opera about it, kinda like they did with Galactica. Geez, down the drain... Oh, and I loved the Serenity movie and also Mystery Science Theater 3000. It was corny but fun.
    Loved MST3K! But only the ones with Joel Hodgekiss. That guy that they brought in to replace him sucked.
    RaiderRich2001
    RaiderRich2001
    Object in Space

Fleet Rank : Commander
    Science Department Rank : How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 Empty
    Medical Division Rank : MD Commander
    Number of posts : 186
    Ship Name : U.S.S. D.C. Fontana
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-94767
    Ship Class : Miranda-class Frigate

Name: Lt. Cmdr. Richard Cameron

Post by RaiderRich2001 Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:31 am

I actually got into Firefly/Serenity because my RPG group was going to do a campaign for the Serenity RPG game and I wanted to just do the research, so I watched the show and I'm hooked now.

In case you're curious, my character in that game is a Mr. Universe-type Cortex hacker because our Firefly has a Cortex comm relay attached to it and I'm the one who keeps it running. (Hey, it helps the ship pay the bills).
    DukeNukemTX
    DukeNukemTX
    Browncoat

Fleet Rank : Lt. Commander
    Security/Marine Rank : FMC Sergeant
    Number of posts : 72
    Ship Name : USS Spirit of Fire
    Ship Registry Number : NCC 92683 A
    Ship Class : Cerberus
    Fleet Division : Marines/Security

Name:

Post by DukeNukemTX Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:47 pm

good lord, so many good sci fi shows over the years...

grew up watching TOS, TNG, B5, SQ:DSV, ect. Firefly came out shortly after Farscape was gutted, fell in love with Jewl, Morenia, and Summer. And who could forget Yosaphbrig How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 Icon_twisted .... *ahem*

Anyway, been a sci fi geek my whole life and when a good show came on one of the few TV channels we do get(havnt had cable since I was 12) we had to watch it.
    Zapp Brannigan
    Zapp Brannigan
    So very pretty

Serenity Starfighter Corps : FSC Wing Colonel
    Number of posts : 335
    Location : Take me out to the black. Tell them I ain't coming back!
    Ship Name : Nimbus-B
    Ship Class : Modified Vesper Class
    Fleet Division : Starfighter Corps (The Fireflys)

Post by Zapp Brannigan Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Became a Browncoat after the series was cancelled (I never knew when it was on). I went to see Serenity at the Alamo Drfthouse here in Austin and from that moment on, I was in absolute love with the show!
    Liet
    Liet

Fleet Rank : Lieutenant
    Medical Division Rank : MD Lieutenant
    Number of posts : 6
    Ship Name : USS Gray
    Ship Class : Olympic

Post by Liet Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:59 am

I was browsing through my roommates movie collection on his computer (he had like 1.5Tb of movies) and saw Serenity and said "I think I've heard of this, any good?" He instantly replied, "Yes, and you'll want this too" and copied a folder called "Firefly" to me. Watched the movie, then went straight to Firefly and watched every episode in two days. Since then I've become obsessed with Joss and have watched every Buffy/Angel and Dr. Horrible.
    RaiderRich2001
    RaiderRich2001
    Object in Space

Science Department Rank : How did you come to be a Brown Coat - Page 2 Empty
    Medical Division Rank : MD Commander
    Number of posts : 186
    Ship Name : U.S.S. D.C. Fontana
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-94767
    Ship Class : Miranda-class Frigate

Name: Lt. Cmdr. Richard Cameron

Post by RaiderRich2001 Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Became a Browncoat after the series was cancelled (I never knew when it was on). I went to see Serenity at the Alamo Drfthouse here in Austin and from that moment on, I was in absolute love with the show!

Wow... How weird... I think that they were showing Serenity at the Alamo Drafthouse North (Lake Creek/183) the night my RPG group decided to go see the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. We saw all the merch and that was when we decided to switch from Exalted to Serenity.
    CAPTWinters
    CAPTWinters
    Fleet Subject Matter Expert

Fleet Rank : Rear Admiral
    Serenity Diplomatic Corps : Ambassador
    Number of posts : 304
    Ship Name : USS Bull Halsey or the USS Mjolnir
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-761944
    Ship Class : Atrox Class or MVAM
    Fleet Division : Command

Name: Richard Winters IX

Post by CAPTWinters Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:39 am

Only Saw one episode during the initital run, but caught Serenity and I was hooked (both to the show and Ms Staite) mmmmmmmm
    W.Bridgeman
    W.Bridgeman
    Heart Of Gold

Fleet Rank : Lt. Commander
    Medical Division Rank : MD Lieutenant
    Number of posts : 48
    Ship Name : USS Quastinet
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-89239
    Ship Class : Constitution Class, Medical Refit

Name: William Bridgeman

Post by W.Bridgeman Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:12 pm

Haha, seems everyone has a similiar story. I had watched the movie Serenity and told one of my friends about it. He looked at me, grinned and then gave me his Firefly dvd set. I couldn't get enough and I still can't get enough of the show. Oh, and Dr. Horrible's Sing along blog was an awesome video Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 am