Firefly Fleet Announcements:

Welcome to Serenity Station!!

We now have a Tier three Starbase!!

Welcome to the Firefly Fleet!   Fleet and web updates will be found here!

Be sure to drop by our Allied forums and say hi!  Very Happy

Congratulations to new promotees!

Navigation

Index
Index
Calender
Photo Gallery
FAQ
Search The Forum
Firefly Fleet Protocols
Fleet Roster
Forum Memberlist
Usergroups
User Control Panel
Private Message Inbox

Team Speak

teamspeak server Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Latest topics

» Second Chance Saloon
Yesterday at 8:46 pm by Pyriel32

» Team Speak 3 The Latest Editon
Yesterday at 9:28 am by Cpt Cannons

» TimeLine
Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:22 am by Lastline

» Fleet Station K-13 Returns!
Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:34 am by Pyriel32

» Fallout 4
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:52 am by Lastline

» Of Hawks and Doves
Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:09 pm by Pyriel32

» This years Toronto FanExpo!
Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:43 am by Cpt Cannons

» Can some friends of mine keep an RP thread on the forum?
Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:42 am by HareBrained

» The parties over.
Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:31 pm by Pyriel32

LC 52: Hello Q

Talaina Kazzur
    Done the Impossible

Fleet Rank : Vice Admiral
    Number of posts : 704
    Ship Name : U.S.S. Viper
    Ship Registry Number : NX-204971-X
    Ship Class : Defiant
    Fleet Division : Command

LC 52: Hello Q

Post by Talaina Kazzur on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:29 am

Author's Note: This is set some time after Everything Changes.

Stunshock groggily came to. He didn't know how long it had been since the attack on the Sentinel. He didn't know where he was. All he did know was after the Gorn were finished with him, they had sold him to the Orions. And now he found himself in a stone dungeon, chained against the wall. The tattered remains of his uniform didn't cover much of his bloody body, and the chains held his arms up high against the wall. He had been placed just high enough to hang from them, but he could rest on the floor if he tried to stand on his toes, though his feet were shackled in a way to make that extremely uncomfortable. Other than the guards who fed him, there had been one or two Orion visitors over the days, or weeks, or even months, but they just teased him, hurt him and left. What little food they gave him was some horrific plant. It was the worst thing he had ever tasted, but at least it was compatible with his metabolism.

He heard the door open. Too weak to even lift his head, he just gazed directly ahead as an Orion woman sauntered in, the door closing behind her. She stood infront of him, dressed in the usual skimpy garb this species dressed in and pursed her lips.

"Well well well. Don't you look in a sorry state."

Stunshock just curled a lip and tried to sneer.

"Oh come now Stunshock, don't be like that. I'm impressed you survived this long. Your species don't exactly have a high rating for survivability among my people."

"Too bad."

His throat was horse as his voice cracked. The Orion continued.

"Don't be like that now. I'm here to show you how worse it could be."

Stunshock shifted his gaze to look at the Orion. She looked like every other generic Orion woman he had seen. No differences among them.

"Oh please, torture me more. It's the only reason I'm hanging on."

"Now, see, I know you're joking, but I am genuinely surprised. And as someone who can see the entire space time continuum, that's saying something."

Stunshock frowned, starting to pay more attention.

"Excuse me?"

The Orion let out a sharp laugh and clapped her hands.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Q."

"Q?"

"Mhhh hmm. Oh, I know what you're thinking, you Starfleet types always do, but no, I'm not that Q. It's a shame how one bad apple can ruin the reputation of a species."

She moved over to Stunshock, gently carresing his head horns.

"Such a wonderfully sculpted species. He really did a marvelous job with your kind. Although the no eating fat thing is a bit much if you ask me. I told him not to bother with that, but, he does like his quirks."

"What are you talking about? Have you come here to free me?"

"Oh heavens no. I don't like messing around with lower lifeforms. Not now, anyway. Been there, done that. No, I just wanted to come and see how you were doing in person."

Stunshock just scoffed and let his head drop.

"Terrible. I don't even know what planet I'm on."

Q pursed her lips as if she was thinking about something. She took a few steps back.

"You know what you need? Some perspective."

She clicked her fingers and suddenly Stunshock was on the ground with some Gryk'lin juice.

"I'm not in the mood for games Q."
    "Of course not. I just thought you would like to see what's happening with some of the other members of your crew."
    "They'd better be allright."
    "Weellll.... that's debatable."

Before Stunshock could speak again, Q snapped her fingers with a bright flash.

Stunshock found himself in a sickbay. He didn't immediantly recognise it, but it was smaller than the one on the Sentinel, and was clearly Starfleet.

"Where are we?"
    "This is the medbay of the U.S.S. Magpie. The ship that discovered your crew after the crash."

Stunshock spun around.

"Crash?"

Q feigned surprise.
    "Oh, I'm sorry, did no one tell you? After they got rid of the Gorn, they tried a slipstream jump that ended up with the warp core going all kablooey on them, and smashed them into a planet. It was a most spectacular crash if I say so myself. Made all the headlines in the local town papers. They'll be picking up pieces of your ship for years to come!"

Stunshock couldn't believe it. His ship.... after all they had been through, it was gone. Destroyed. And he wasn't even present for it. A Captain should always go down with his ship. He felt hollow. Struggling to speak, he asked how many survived.

"Oh, the actual crash itself didn't kill anyone. At least, no one from your crew. They all evacuated, except for a plucky trio who tried ever so hard to not hit the city. But, with all these things, there was collatoral. Twenty Four people on the ground were killed by the debris. Few more were wounded. And then of course, they also ended up radiating much of the city."

Stunshock slowly shook his head, trying to digest all of this. His bones felt heavy as he stumbled towards the nearest biobed, stopping in shock when he saw the patient. Talaina was lying on it, missing an antenna and badly battered. Stunshock went to brush the back of his hand against her face, letting his friend know he was there, but he went right through her. He kept staring at her as he spoke, barely able to more than whisper, such was he overcome.

"Q. Why?"

"Why is she there? She took on three Gorn by herself. I must say, I do like her fighting style. Take people down as quickly as possible, and screw honour and crap like that. I would love to see her fight a Klingon. But they pretty much shredded her insides. Docs put her in a medical coma to keep her alive."

Stunshock slowly shook his head. Such carnage had come from that one incident.

"What about Arwen?"

"Your bride to be? Oh she's alive. So is that little space rabbit thing of hers. No, there was not alot of interest in the Evenstar once you guys turned up."

The door opened and a pair of Doctors walked in, talking about providing radiation containment help to the city below. They checked on Talaina's condition and went about their tasks without paying Stunshock or Q any notice. Stunshock turned back to Q.

"Ok Q. At least my crew is safe. And thank you for telling me that. But-"

"Ah ah ah!"

Q wiggled a finger at him.

"I'm not done. The crew that stayed on the Sentinel are safe. But you weren't the only one taken."

She clicked her fingers again. Stunshock now found himself in a bustling market place. At least, he thought it was a market place at first. but the crowd was all staring in one direction. He realised he was in an auction house. He looked around, his blood running cold when he saw what, or rather, who was on auction.

On a raised platform stood a large Orion male, holding up Shalonda, the ship's counselor. She was clearly drugged and putting up no resistance as the bids came in thick and fast. Stunshock felt his anger boil to the surface at this, at how he was unable to protect his crew, how they were being sold into slavery for who knows what! He glanced around and saw some other officers that were under his command off to the side, either waiting to be sold or already having been done so. He balled his hand into a fist, his heart beating ever faster. The aching of his bones far from his mind, he took a step forward, ready to charge the Orion and try to free his crew when he paused. After all, he was only here as a spectre. There was nothing he could do. Or was there? He turned to Q.

"Tell me there is something I can do. Tell me I can affect a rescue!"

Q simply smiled sweetly and cocked her head to the side.

"Oh you can. You could kill everyone here. IF.... if you were to break out of your prison and find yourself a time machine. You see, this has already happened. This happened the day you got thrown in that dungeon you're in now."

"Then why show me this? Why torture me if there's nothing I can do about it?"

Q simply shrugged, her smile splitting into a huge grin.

"Because why the hell not?"

A bright flash of light later found Stunshock chained up against the wall. His bones ached worse than ever. His muscles were weak from not moving for so long. Had it all been a dream? Was he finally going mad? A gentle voice whispered in his ear, even though he was alone.

"Oh I assure you, it was all real."

That was all the motivation he needed. His crew had not all escaped in one piece. There were members scattered throughout the universe. He started to draw in air through his nose, holding it before letting it out through his mouth. Each time, he held the breath longer, drawing greater strength each time. He tugged at the chain around his left arm. It was solid against the wall. He tried again on the right arm. The holding felt a little loose. It was still enough to secure him, but with concentrated effort, he could break out of here.

Why had Q done this? What did she gain by giving him the strength he needed? To restore him from the broken man he had been? Whatever it was, he was thankful. He started applying pressure to the chain, waiting for the next time a guard came in......

Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:07 am