Firefly Fleet Announcements:

Welcome to Serenity Station!!

We now have a Tier three Starbase!!

Welcome to the Firefly Fleet!   Fleet and web updates will be found here!

Be sure to drop by our Allied forums and say hi!  Very Happy

Congratulations to new promotees!

Navigation

Index
Index
Calender
Photo Gallery
FAQ
Search The Forum
Firefly Fleet Protocols
Fleet Roster
Forum Memberlist
Usergroups
User Control Panel
Private Message Inbox

Team Speak

teamspeak server Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Latest topics

» Nibiru
Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:04 pm by HareBrained

» Archon Class Assault Cruiser
Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:35 pm by Pyriel32

» Sphere Builder Lockbox
Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:38 am by Jonjah

» Steamrunner Bundle
Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:08 pm by Pyriel32

» artifacts
Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:21 pm by Pyriel32

» Second Chance Saloon
Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:54 am by Cpt Cannons

» Team Speak 3 The Latest Editon
Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:52 am by Cpt Cannons

» TimeLine
Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:22 am by Lastline

» Fleet Station K-13 Returns!
Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:34 am by Pyriel32

A New Recruit

HareBrained
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad

Fleet Rank : Flag Captain
    Science Department Rank : SCI Captain
    Number of posts : 760
    Ship Name : Magpie
    Ship Class : Aurora Class Science Vessel (Fleet Refit)
    Fleet Division : Science/Medical

Main RP Character Profile
    Name: Ellen Hare

A New Recruit

Post by HareBrained on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:40 pm

We Must All Hang Together...

Captain's log, stardate 92... um 902... Thursday.
    While crossing Sierra Sector, received a signal announcing Borg sighting in deep space. All ships ordered to assist.
    Relayed signal to Firefly frequency; received reply from "el Juego", captain of USS Massive, and proceeded in convoy. This is the first time USS Magpie has fought against the Borg and we were all relieved to have the support of a more experienced fighter.
    On reaching coordinates, joined up with science vessel "Julia" and another vessel whose name we did not find out. Successfully engaged two Borg spheres, before joining with other ships to defeat a Borg cube.
    USS Magpie briefly blinded by debris; when it cleared, USS Massive and the other two were already leaving.

Personal log of Ellen Hare.

Borg Rule Number 1, ever since the days of Wolf 359: stick together. Whoever the hell you end up with, stay with them. Never, but never, get caught by yourself.

What can I say? Magpie is small and fast, Massive hadn't gone that far, we thought we could do it. For about 30 km we did... then two cubes fell on top of us from nowhere. We couldn't shake them. How can a metal brick move so FAST? Jhril threw everything we had into the shields, but at last they faded out altogether, exposing Magpie's hopelessly fragile hull... And the firing stopped. There was silence for a moment, and then a klaxon sounded at the far end of the deck.

The monitor image was fuzzy as ever, but there was no mistaking the Borg drone pounding along the deck towards the bridge. It was huge, looked as if it had once been a Klingon. Behind it, more drones were beaming steadily one by one through the weakest point of the shields. And between them and the bridge was Ensign Mirik.

Mirik took to her heels and ran, but the tall drone was rapidly gaining on her. I ran for the door, followed by most of the bridge crew, all knowing very well we couldn't get there in time.
    The drone picked up Mirik and slung her over its shoulder as if she weighed nothing at all.

Then there was a crash of metal hitting deck, and Mirik came sprinting towards us as if, well, as if the Borg were after her.
    Moral: never sling a Vulcan over your shoulder, it gives them ideas.

But the other drones were still coming, though they were a long way behind the first. We didn't have much trouble holding them off, at first. But more drones kept coming. There would be enough on those cubes to overrun twenty ships and still leave plenty to spare. All over the ship we could hear the rest of our crew running to join the attack. But more drones kept coming... And then the shields came back on. USS Julia had found us.

60 of us against 10 drones, and now no prospect of more. Pointless heroics are not something the Borg suffer from. As one, the boarding party turned around and ran back to the last gap in the shields, beaming out seconds before it closed - leaving Mirra and Jhril cursing in frustration. Other ships weren't far behind, and with her shields back to full power Magpie joined in and for a few last minutes we had no time to think about anything else. And that, as it turned out, was the end.

"Damage report?"
    "Five injured. No fatalities. We're still checking the ship."
    "Thank God."
    There was a pause. When the voice spoke again it sounded rattled. "Captain. Can you come and look at this?"

I came and looked at this. Mirik's victim was still out cold on the deck. Now what?
    It looks as if my stupidity might actually have left us with one more than we started with. If he survives - and if we all survive him...

HareBrained
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad

Re: A New Recruit

Post by HareBrained on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:58 pm

That'll be about enough of the "captain's log" thing. Not too happy with that last one myself - reads all funny, all on one note. Maybe I'll eventually improve with practice.
    This is the first time I've done an extended fight scene.

Admission
    Ellen looked down at the fallen drone. Yes, definitely Klingon. The remains of what looked like officer's uniform clung on around the implants.

"Get him to sickbay - put him in stasis. Need time."

Without being asked Mirik joined the security team as they hauled the Klingon into the turbolift. "Reinforced legs," she noted, "additionally powered? That would explain the speed, for such a large mass."

That's my girl, thought Ellen as the lift doors closed. Trust her to be considering its design features ten minutes after she'd nearly been... Mirik was right. Don't think about that. Stick to the task at hand.

She turned to Mirra. "All that reinforcement, backup systems... I've seen one like that before."
    Mirra nodded. "The one that led a boarding party onto USS Khitomer. Remember? Took five men to bring it to a halt? Captain, this could be a very bad idea."
    "He's our prisoner now. He's our responsibility."
    "I suppose."
    "Come on, back to the bridge. I'm going to get through to Starfleet and request professional help."

The drone was still silent as the turbolift came to a halt.
    "Should be moving by now," noted Mirik. "Effects of separation?" They dragged it out into the sickbay, where the medical staff were already busy dealing with several people injured in the fighting.

"Oh my," Dr Alisa Laurente said softly. "Well, we can cut off the connection - I know Dr Movot has done that before. As for the rest... but the next starbase will be able to handle him."
    As she bent down to help lift it onto the biobed, there was a whirring sound, and the drone raised itself to a sitting position. Taken by surprise, the two security officers tried to push it back down. The drone hit out with both arms, knocking them to the floor.

Before anyone could act, the drone was on its feet. It stood staring straight ahead for a moment, as if awaiting instructions. Instead it got a blast from Mirik's phaser. Turning, it headed for Mirik, who dodged behind the biobed. The drone ploughed into it, leaving a dent, and Alisa took her chance. Pulling out the hypo she kept in her pocket for emergencies, she caught the drone's arm from behind and gave it the full dose before it could react.

Automatically the drone clutched at her with its free hand - not a hand - a bare metal pincer, two sharp tubes projecting from it like a snake's fangs. Alisa ducked away, and the drone followed, its feet clumping on the deck.

Its movements were becoming erratic. It landed a blow on the biobed, shattering the plastic of the display with a crunch, and collapsed.

Shaking, Alisa rounded on the security team as they got to their feet. "Next time, it'd be better to use the hypo BEFORE he comes round! ...Are you all right?"
    "Think so. And you don't need to tell us twice." Alisa helped them lift the Klingon onto the biobed. She rapidly adjusted the controls, and sighed with relief as a force field came into view.

"Done. You three better report back before they wonder what's happened to you."

When the security team had left, she switched on the intercom.
    "Sickbay here. The Klingon's arrived and is in stasis."

"Good. Is everything all right?"

"Everything's fine, Captain. When can we transfer him?"

There was a pause.

"Sorry, Alisa. We're on our own with this one. Starfleet can't be notified. I'll explain later. Take your own time, and of course you've permission to call on anyone you need from Science - or Engineering. I'm downloading all the records I can get on disassimilation cases, and then I'm coming down to join you. Warn me if you're planning to do anything unheard-of. Good luck."

The intercom clicked off. Alisa was silent for a few moments, then walked back to the Klingon. Laid out on the biobed, he looked less like a super-soldier than like something abandoned in a scrapyard. He seemed to be more implants than man; she started a scan - 59%. Cables and lengths of metal emerged at odd angles from his body. The ocular implant flickered a couple of times, and went out.

The words that came to Alisa's mind were from an age long before robots.
    "Can these bones live? Lord, thou alone knowest."

Pyriel32
    Director of Intelligence

Fleet Rank : Fleet Admiral
    Special Operations Rank : SPO Fleet Admiral
    Intel Department Rank : INT Fleet Admiral
    Number of posts : 4645
    Ship Name : U.S.S. ACHERON
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-97397-D
    Ship Class : Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser (Special Operations Refit)
    Fleet Division : Intel/Special Ops

Name: Pyriel Danto

Post by Pyriel32 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Ooc: Nice story, keep it up.

Reanna Aloi
    Dean of the Academy

Fleet Rank : Captain
    Special Operations Rank : SPO Captain
    Number of posts : 3480
    Location : Somewhere in a home, in a city, in a country, somewhere on the planet...
    Ship Name : The Immortal
    Ship Registry Number : Special Registry: NCC 082270
    Ship Class : Defiant (modified refit)

Name:

Post by Reanna Aloi on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:41 pm

menh!  it was okay I guess..........ShockedShockedWink  Just kidding...lol  It was purdy good.  Smile

HareBrained
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad

Post by HareBrained on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks for the encouragement, glad it wasn't quite as bad as I thought! I'd already roughed out the third part, but writing is suddenly starting to drive me crazy and I really do not need any extra headaches at the moment. I'll post it as it is and leave it at that.

Wanted
    Ellen turned to Mirra as they reached the bridge.
    "Lt Ylzanov take the helm, get us as far out of range of any remaining Borg as possible."
    Mirra was still looking grim, but she was only too eager to comply. When the first wave of status reports were dealt with, Ellen activated the library computer system.
    "Computer, all references to unusual Borg drones seen in attack on USS Khitomer?"
    "Computed."
    Ellen skimmed the list of results, most of them clearly not about the drone they'd just seen, and tapped once on a heading.

Preliminary briefing YY0398/Z/1 - Borg reinforced tactical drone
    Reported from USS Khitomer, see autopsy report, H903/B
    - good. With a few deft movements she called up the report and sent a copy to Dr Laurente's computer system, before reading on:

Useful data from this is limited as the drone was badly damaged by disruptor fire. Reports indicate it continued attacking long after it should have been destroyed - some type of supplementary power source suspected.

More information needed. Any specimen secured, dead or living, should be passed to Task Force Omega as soon as found.

Ellen re-read the last sentence several times. Her eyes kept flicking back to the word "specimen". Finally, she returned to the bridge.

"Course locked in, Captain."
    "Good. Something I'd like your opinion on. Computer - open Starfleet briefing YY0398/Z/1 on secondary viewscreen." Ellen crossed her fingers for luck. In theory, her decision was final. But if they didn't agree with what she was about to do, life could get very noisy.

She watched Mirra's face anxiously. But as the Andorian reached the last sentence, her expression changed suddenly to disgust.
    "Zariek!"

Ensign Evans looked at her uncertainly. "They can't mean what they sound like they mean, can they?"

"I once worked with a scientist who'd served with Omega." Isry looked uncharacteristically sour. "My impression is that they can mean more or less anything."

The young ensign stared in horror. "We can't just do that."

"You haven't seen him, Ensign," said Mirra. "He's not a fluffy bunny rabbit!"
    Ellen kept her eyes on her and said nothing.
    Mirra met her eyes suddenly. "All right. I still say you're taking a risk, but that's what we do, isn't it? He's our problem now."

"Right, Mirra." Relieved, Ellen looked around the bridge. "Ours."

The intercom buzzed, and Dr Laurente's voice announced:
    "Sickbay here. The Klingon's arrived and is in stasis."
    "Good. Is everything all right?"

"Everything's fine, Captain." Ellen thought she sounded out of breath for somebody who was fine, but didn't ask. "When can we transfer him?"

However good the reasons, this was awkward. Ellen shuffled her feet.

"Sorry, Alisa. We're on our own with this one. Starfleet can't be notified. I'll explain later. Take your own time, and of course you've permission to call on anyone you need from Science - or Engineering. I'm downloading all the records I can get on disassimilation cases, and then I'm coming down to join you. Warn me if you're planning to do anything unheard-of. Good luck."

Ellen seemed to regain confidence as she gave the message; like many of the crew, she was convinced that USS Magpie's medical team could do anything short of raise the dead. Shutting off the intercom, she began to hum under her breath:

Well, the new sheriff sent me a letter
    He said, "Come up and see me, dead or alive"...

Talaina Kazzur
    Done the Impossible

Fleet Rank : Vice Admiral
    Number of posts : 706
    Ship Name : U.S.S. Viper
    Ship Registry Number : NX-204971-X
    Ship Class : Defiant
    Fleet Division : Command

Post by Talaina Kazzur on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Oooh, I like this story. And your reinforced Borg Tactical Drone is something I may be able to work into a future story I have planned.

HareBrained
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad

Post by HareBrained on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:51 pm

brilliant! And glad you like. I think that's probably the end of the story for now, as a story... like I say writing suddenly drives me crazy... will look forward to trying him out in your RP if and when it happens.
    That reminds me, in Steel River we've just left it with Stunshock and Emony presumably there but not saying anything, so it's entirely possible for you to join in as and when you feel like it. Fine if you'd prefer not, of course, just thought I'd say in case you'd lost track - I know I do!

Talaina Kazzur
    Done the Impossible

Post by Talaina Kazzur on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:59 pm

I still can't guarantee I'm around often enough to rp full time, so just leave them doing background stuff for the time being, with the Sentinel departing the station once they all get back if it ends before I come back into it.

I was thinking of a written story rather than an rp, but it could be adapted into an rp. Actually.... it could be a rather interesting rp...

I have some plotting to do.

HareBrained
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad

Post by HareBrained on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Either way would be fun... happy plotting!

Reanna Aloi
    Dean of the Academy

Location : Somewhere in a home, in a city, in a country, somewhere on the planet...

Name:

Post by Reanna Aloi on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Just a friendly reminder to make sure any new stories fit current timelines appropriately.  Too many stories can or could cause possible issues..

HareBrained
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad

Post by HareBrained on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Good point. The above took place some time before Badlands (heck, Ellen hadn't necessarily even joined the Browncoats yet, if that happens to help) and also considerably before "Price of Liberty de-cloaks" which was never a specific time at all... Maybe we should start giving these stories dates after all, just on some system private to the station? I'll have a look at The Trust's fleet site when I get around to it - they seem to be keeping an incredible number of balls in the air at once!

Talaina Kazzur
    Done the Impossible

Post by Talaina Kazzur on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:01 pm

I just stick an Author's Note at the start of my stories, just so people know when it's set in terms of continuity. That probably works better than trying to remember a numbered system. Most of the stories will be based on the Sentinel out in deep space, so their adventures wont affect anything large scale, though this idea I'm toying with will be game changing for the Borg and restore them to their rightful TNG era of "a single cube appearing will make you crap your pants" and explain away why they went...... weak in Voyager.

Reanna Aloi
    Dean of the Academy

Name:

Post by Reanna Aloi on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Trust's Fleet??  Never heard of them.  Giving the new stories a date is a good idea and probably something which should seriously be thought about if and when we have more stories active than we do now.....  As for that Borg idea... sounds like a good plan.  Even here, in some past rp situations, the borg were kind of wussed out.  I remember having to sacrifice a ship in one of those sessions.  Hopefully, it can be an rp session which will involve most of the people from our group.  That would be awesome.   Head's up though, there have been so many borg run ins and plans, people became "Oh god, its the borg again!!  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"  lol  So you'll just have to make sure the Borg idea is a good one.  The kind that gets one to sit up and take notice which I think, from what I've seen of your writing, Stunshock, would not be a problem.

By the way, before I forget, yet again, your story is awesome so far, Harebrained.  Looking forward to a continuation..

Pyriel32
    Director of Intelligence

Post by Pyriel32 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Yeppy I think one of the first RP's we had was a Borg RP, lol .

Seeker
    Director of Search and Rescue operations

Science Department Rank : SCI Fleet Admiral
    Medical Division Rank :
    Security/Marine Rank : FMC Sergeant
    Number of posts : 2697
    Location : Second star to the right and striate on till morning
    Ship Name : USS Seeker
    USS Seaquest
    Ship Registry Number : NCC-65640
    Ship Class : Nebula class with a new prototype superstructure.

Name: Dekkar Martle

Post by Seeker on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:05 pm

i was not part of that one at the time but i remember playing games with baumer at his apt and he stoped to cheak out the forms abd post and i remeber some thing like 30 cubes attacking serenity station and some trying to by time to send one of your characters an android back in time to change the past and stop this from happening.   i assumed that worked but if you changed the past so where better perpared or what every it was  the Borg would still be coming

Pyriel32
    Director of Intelligence

Post by Pyriel32 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:32 pm

yeppy

HareBrained
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad

Post by HareBrained on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:05 pm

By the by, Reanna, The Trust are that fleet that did the guest blog on roleplaying in STO a while back, and ran the RP Roundtable day on Bajor. They have a website at http://stotrust.shivtr.com/forums - I had a look at it and seriously do NOT know how they keep all the threads in the air without them crashing into each other like ours occasionally do - at least, if it's as complicated as it looks!

Reanna Aloi
    Dean of the Academy

Name:

Post by Reanna Aloi on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Ahh, thanks Hairbrained.  Now that you mention it, I do recall hearing something about them.  If they have that many rp stories on the go, it means the various people running each story remain vigilante about such things.  This is why I have always maintained and suggested (a few times in the past) people get together whenever anyone wishes to run a story to iron out any possible problems.  So far, to date, there have been no real problems with any of the current rp stories.  Mind you, I am looking forward to a story being started by you, Hairbrained, on the Klingon side of things.  Stunshock and his future story looks darned interesting as well.  I have been keeping loose track of the River story and it has looked pretty good so far and the one in the Badlands is shaping up to be something good as well. 

Been thinking of a way to enter the badlands situation as I have the people and crew for it, just not sure if I want the extra payload...hehe

Now, onto something else.  *pulls out a bullwhip* About the rest of your story, Hairbrained....ShockedShockedWink

HareBrained
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad
    Flag Captain Alpha Squad

Post by HareBrained on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 am

About the rest of my story - payload to you too Smile Anyway, that's as much as I really have any interesting idea for at the moment, I kind of forgot what I was going to do after that. I wasn't planning to take it any further than that - unless of course I do get another idea...

Stunshock - am sending you a PM, as soon as the game finishes patching and lets me check on something. A story that reminds us why the Borg were so scary sounds good to me; in STO fighting them comes across as, well, an ongoing chore, basically. Yes, the ship is big enough to park half the fleet inside, but there's a trick to them - so long as a group of you attack together, and so on, it's just a long slog... so long as the trick keeps working that is...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:41 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:41 pm