MAYDAY: MAYDAY: MAYDAY
Computer core has gone offline - primary sensors and display readouts no longer functional. Emergency backup system allows comms and life support but we're frankly dead in the water. Request help from any Firefly techs or friendly SCE with specific knowledge.
Any idea what the key symptoms are that would tell me if the chip itself is fried or if something's fnarged my drivers?
Stuff I know:
- Was playing two days ago when game hung and sound started looping like crazy.
- Vulcan Death Grip (CTRL-ALT-DEL) didn't do anything, so hardbooted it.
- Everything fine on startup and Vista load, booted game.
- 10 mins in, same thing occurs. Hard boot again.
- This time, Vista has some odd visual artefacts on main screen load...
- And after about two minutes, hangs briefly. Tells me nvlddmkdm.sys crashed but recovered.
- 15 seconds later, machine BSODs.
- I can still boot in Safe Mode, with a fair few screen artefacts (blue lines behind boot logo etc)
- Trying a normal boot results in BSOD (STOP 0x0000007F)
- Tried the Vaio driver update kit but not a driver cleaner. Nvidia don't support it as it's OEM-specific.
Machine is VAIO VGN-AR31S:
- Intel Core2 Duo T7200
- 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 GT
Any ideas? Urgent distress - we're blind and paralysed out here.